When deploying Corporate Directory to computers in your organization you can use a setting file / answer file that contains custom settings for your organization. This setting file is called: “CustomerDefaultProfile”.
If during the installation there is a file called CustomerDefaultProfile in the folder where the installation file is located the program will import the settings from this file.
Here is a list of some of the settings that can be defined in the CustomerDefaultProfile:
- The columns displayed in the application window and their order
- Will the user have the ability to update his contact information back to Active Directory or not
- What the settings window be enabled or not
- Default window fade out time
- Will the application filter out users that do not have both office and mobile phone
- Will the application filter out Active Directory user accounts that are disabled
- Additional default Active Directory domain – if the environment contain more than one Active Directory domain
- Sync interval – by default set to 6 hours
- And many other settings …
When upgrading Corporate Directory version make sure you use a CustomerDefaultProfile file or the custom settings of your organization will not be applied and you would need to set them manually.